Updating doesn’t work at all
- While debugging, open Output window in Visual Studio
- Search for “XL:”
- If you see lines with this prefix
- Does it say anything about Handshake server unreachable?
- Did you disable the Linker? It should be disabled if you are debugging on a physical device.
- If so, make sure that LiveXAML.Server is running on Windows
- On Mac look for opened ports with “lsof -iTCP -sTCP:LISTEN -n -P” command. Do you see ports 53031/53032 LISTENing?
- If LiveXAML is listening for connections then make sure there is no firewall between the application and development PC
- Otherwise, check that you have the latest extension installed
- Sometimes restarting the operating system helps
- If you don’t see lines with “XL:” prefix
- Make sure that NuGet package is correctly installed. Please check Installation Instructions for more help
- Make sure you don’t have “DISABLE_XAMARINFORMSLIVE” compilation symbol defined
Updating doesn’t work on some pages
LiveXAML is not a universal solution, so in some cases, updating wouldn’t work. To help solve that, you can enable “LIVEXAML_DEBUG” compilation symbol and send the Output window dump to [email protected] with a short description of a problem and current page structure.