Skip to content
- Install Visual Studio LiveXAML extension. You can find it in Extensions and Updates under Tools menu. On Mac, it’s under Visual Studio Community menu named Extensions.
- Open your Xamarin Forms project
- Install LiveXAML NuGet package into the project that contains App.xaml file
- If you don’t have App.xaml, but only have App.cs, then you should create it. LiveXAML requires App.xaml to initialize automatically.
- Run the application on the emulator and try changing stuff on your Main Page
- To debug on a physical device, make sure that device is connected to the same network as your development PC. If there is a corporate firewall in place, then you need to request opening 53031 and 53032 TCP ports for incoming connections on your PC.
- Make sure to disable the Linker for iOS/Android projects if you are testing on a physical device.
- Happy coding!